Sunday, September 10, 2006

My Journey to the 6 Pointers Club (The Final Part)


And so the preparation for the second term begins. I am in the middle of precisely nowhere. I had to straighten out things or would not survive to see the next semester. I decided to deal with macroeconomics, for I was getting a hang of that subject , HR as usual was my forte (which essentially meant,that I would not flunk in it). The other subjects really were not my cup of anything!.

I had come to a stage where it was "Foot to mouth Existence".The Exams were approaching and I had by then a decent group of likeminded people (read as 6 point hopeless ones).


An Introduction to the hopeless ones

Nirvana

Nirvana as we used to call him was a Telecom Engineer from Bangalore. He was of average built and claimed to be physically fit. Ooops! Did I mention the significance of his name Nirvana.. This chap was always in a state of Suspended Animation and in the realms of Spiritual , logical, illogical ,metaphysical and very vividly physical.He was in his own world and was essentially a non-conformist. He had Radical views about anything and everything and had devised a new technique using which he could give himself a .......(censored)

He was in the line of fire toooooo....


Bumba

Bumba was an Aeronautical Engineer from Chandigarh , originally hailing from Kolkata. His only ambition in life was to join NASA (I used to wonder ,what the Martians and Venusians had done to meet such a tragic end). Did I mention about his other passions

a) Sleeping
b) Sleeping Again
c) Sleeping Yet Again
d) Any of the Above / All the Above

He was frigid and could repel girls, effortlessly. He was again a non-conformist, was seldom seen in the class. He was always adorned with a Cap ( I used to think that all his energies were concentrated in it), Bumba without a cap was an anomaly , it was like " Bumba fully awake "

He was in the line of fire toooooo....

Josie

Actually it is unjust to include josie in the group of hopeless ones because he was well over 7 CGPI but constantly worried about landing in the 6 Pointers Club. Josie was a Computer Science Engineer and hailed from cochin. He was a software engineer by profession and could easily intimidate even his CEO if confronted ,with his heavily accented Mallu english and ofcourse with his overzealous nature. Did I mention about his assortment of cosmetics and getting dressed (Josie ishtyle), I guess girls would dress up faster and with less makeup as compared to him.


So The exams loomed nearby and it was time to seriously put the concept of C2D in action. The problem was ,that we cooperated all right but domination was a pipedream.The following scenario would indeed give a clear Indication of a typical study session before the Exams.


Me : Ok, we can now collate our notes

Kaustav : Ok, u guys go first, I’ll go last...

Josie : Listen u guys, SOM rocks

Bumba : ZZZzzzzz.... still sound asleep in his room)

Nirvana : I’ll give u guys a blow by blow account of how I ....... (censored)


By this time a search party would go to rouse Mr.Bumba, who would condescend to appear half an hour later

Bumba : Yaar, @#$% yaar, I never studied. So gaya tha, kya karoon?

Kaustav : Ok, maine bhi pura nahi par paya.

Josie : Kaustav bugger, where are my notes, u took them half an hour back.

Kaustav : I think they are still at the Xerox shop, Josie

Bumba : there are notes ?

Joseph : Yaar, that’s the only note I have..I have marked it in red for very important, Blue for quite important and green for not important.

Me : But have u read them?

Josie : No, those markings took all my time..I thought u guys had read, buggers..

Nirvana : And as I was saying, if u see that girl’s arse, maan…u .....(censored) urself..

Bumba : which girl…chemical-waali?

Me : I saw a girl the other day running around in the park in shorts and u know what

Josie : Come on Deepak, SOM rocks man, introduce me to this girl na..come on naa..

Me : U know her idiot.. ........it is ...........

Kaustav : That bitch..

Bumba : That lovely bitch..

Nirvana : That lovely bitch with the perfect arse..

Kaustav : Anybody coming to night canteen..

And on that note, ended another “intensive” “study” session.........


After such Intensive Study Sessions, WHAT DO U EXPECT ?

No wonder we all happily landed in the 6 pointers Club !!


Thats

I , Me, Myself


With Inputs from Kaustav & Nirvana
(c) Kandy 2006.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great .. will send in my two-pennies' worth ( you probably have them already)!!
Don't forget the Bumba episodes ..the one with the "You Know Who" :-)

6:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.5 India License.